About Reesa Abrams
Reesa Abrams, TECHNO*COACH, has a comprehensive record of significant contributions to the field of technical knowledge transfer and adult learning. Her industry and education experience spans public and private sectors in enterprise computer hardware/software implementations, training systems, technical content, quality management, customer service, supply chain, testing and return on investment measures associated with corporate profit. She is recognized by leading educational institutions as an expert on learning and technology transfer and is extensively published in high technology industry and educational publications.
- Co-Founder, Techcycle3, www.techcycle3.com. Recycling and refurbishing information technology equipment. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Managed Career Technical Education requirements for Santa Clara Unified School District to create and manage the delivery of the annual advisory board meetings and classroom events to support Career Technical Education (Santa Clara, California Unified School District)
- Consulted on ROI effectiveness of relationship management in sales / distribution channel programs through the use of enterprise wide technology and learning information technology software (RosettaNet. 3Com, BEA, HP, 2Wire, Technology Channels Group. ChannelWave, High Techniques)
- Developed and delivered instructional curriculum for a defect tracking system for global software rollout during merger, creating the potential for increased customer satisfaction (Brocade, Oak Hill Corporation, High Techniques)
- As Executive Director created Digital Media Education Foundation as a 501C3 to provide internships and curricula for digital media industry to rebuild Santa Cruz County’s economy. (Digital Media Factory)
- Managed design and implementation of Training infrastructure, developed Training Administrative processes, and created content for Sales / distribution channel certification programs for enterprise technology hardware and software, Internet infrastructure software and wired / wireless networking products that outsold the competitors and was recognized by their peers as exceptionally successful (3Com, ChannelWave, High Techniques)..
- UCSC, Santa Cruz, CA; CReME Program Manager; 2007- 2008 Define and implement Collaborative Research, Mentoring and Entrepreneurship (CReME) undergraduate technology transfer program supporting student entrepreneurship Define Project for Innovation and Entrepreneurship to support Amgen Bike Race
- Instructional Designer, CTB University, CTB/McGraw-Hill, 2004 – 2006; Shared training management with two other professionals; development of CTBU stakeholder relationships; implement the Stakeholder / Mentor Model for the development of enterprise technology, quality, sales, research, security and manufacturing training programs in a global marketplace.
- Vice President; ScienceXChange; Manage Professional Services; Run beta program for 21CFR13 compliant information technology archiving system to support biotech / medical research
- Executive Director; Center for Advanced Competitive Technology; De Anza College; Executive Director, Small to Medium-Sized Manufacturing Training Programs; Program Manager, United States Technology Reinvestment Program “Doing Business in a Global Environment
- Bay Area Manager; NASA California Space Grant College and Fellowship Program; University of California San Diego; Bay Area Manager; Technology Transfer opportunities for high technology companies wanting a strategic beta / marketing / research relationship on government project opportunities; Program Manager East Palo Alto Internet Project for NASA Ames Research Center
- For Cisco Systems; Education Market Consultation on internal and external selling of education products.
- Senior Manager, Digital Equipment Corporation; Program Manager Technology Transfer Program; Industrial Visitor to Industry Consortia programs at Stanford University (manufacturing, semiconductors, computer science, biomed, legal, education, science); Held strategic marketing and management responsibilities for sponsored projects and relationships in the Schools of Engineering, Business, Medicine, Law, and Education at Stanford and other Tier 1 Universities on the Pacific Rim.
- Consultant to Digital Equipment Corporation; Program Manager Corporate Culture Program; Research corporate culture of Digital and also competition resulting in the publication of the “Digital Equipment Corporate Culture Manual” used to train new hires in Engineering resulting in longer retention rates, and the “IBM Corporate Culture Manual” used to train sales to compete successfully against IBM in GOV.
- Adjunct Faculty; Louden Nelson Senior Center in Santa Cruz Ca; De Anza College in Cupertino, Ca; University of Southern Maine in Portland; University of New Mexico in Albuquerque,; Before you kill your computer take this class, Introduction to the Computer; Software Quality Management; Introduction to the Internet, C++, Basic, Fortran, Cobol, OS JCL, OS Assemblar
- For IBM Corporation, Wittaker Corporation, Public Service Company of New Mexico, National Sharedata Corporation; Systems Engineer; Software Engineer; Quality Engineer; IT Manager; Quality Engineer
- Developed telemetry software programs for Apollo 8, 9 & 10 lunar module and STEALTH Bomber
- Maintained FORTRAN H and TSO language compiler
- Specified managed implementation of software systems for DOD projects, cancer research, solar energy, banking accounting, management, and customer service
- M.A. Education, University of New Mexico, New Mexico
- B.A. Mathematics/Computer Science, University of Texas
- Total Quality Management, A. E. Deming
- Statistical Process Control, Digital Equipment Corporation
- Quality is Free, P. Crosby
- Business Process Development, American Management Association
- Systems Analysis, IBM
- Executive Coach, Hudson Institute of Santa Barbara
- Executive Coach, Western Institute for Group and Family Therapy
- Cash award for development of worldwide Training functionality and pilot implementation for new enterprise IT system at McGraw-Hill.
- Industrial Visitor to Stanford University School of Engineering & Graduate School of Business for Digital Equipment Corporation
- Voted #1 worldwide for implementation of 3Com 3Star Channel Certification and Training system according to VAR times with a 96% customer satisfaction rating
- IBM Excellence Award for development of low speed telemetry software for the NASA Apollo 10 Manned Space Mission
- 2000 Notable American Women
PRESENTATIONS AND PAPERS (SELECTED)
- The Stakeholder / Mentor Model of Training, South Bay OD Network, www.sbodn.com
- A Comparison of Education and Training, Technology Channels Group
- Leveraging Both Education and Training to Develop California’s Space Economy and It’s Workforce, California Commercial Space Pre-summit, NASA Ames
- Editor, California Industry Council for Technology and Learning Newsletter
- People Side of Technology, Roseville Public Television, Roseville, Ca.; Computer Using Educators; and Ca. Industry Council for Technology and Learning Institute
- Facilitator and Summary Speaker, Cupertino Diversity Summit
- World Technology Digest, Editor, Digital Equipment Corporation
- People Issues in Connectivity, Association for Distance Learning of California
- Small Manufacturing Enterprise Supplier / Buyer Issues, De Anza College
- Digital / SIMA Benefits Model, Stanford Integrated Manufacturing Association
- Learning About Partnership, Technology Transfer Society, Annual Meeting
- Partnerships, What Industry Wants from Education, Western Regional Meeting, American Society for Engineering Education
- The Gibbons Report: On Manufacturing Education, Abrams, R, Beckman S, Johnson, K, Marquez for Stanford School of Engineering
- The Value of Giving Anonymous Adult Information to the Corporate Community, Annual Meeting International Transactional Analysis Association
- Herospeak: In Their Own Words, Abrams R, Digital Equipment Corporation
- Digital Equipment Corporation: The Cultural Operating Manual, Abrams, R, Heiser, S, for Digital Equipment Corporation
- A Study in Corporate Culture; IBM, Digital Equipment Corporation
Reesa is proud to be a MentorNet mentor. Go to www.MentorNet.net to participate in supporting the next generation.
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.